The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Obama has begun




I just have to say a blip about this big inauguration week! It was a proud moment for the US of America. Even if we didn't vote for him, nor want him as Chief Executive of our great nation, we must stand behind him now, and pray for the best. I watched at the office on the CNN online (thanks to Steph) which streamed it in conjunction with Facebook. That meant anyone with a Facebook account could make comments throughout. There were 1000 messages a minute coming on the screen, and it was interesting to see some of them. I was a little worried about those people who seem to think he is a God "Obama, Obama, He will save us!" Also sad were all the people saying rude things about Bush. But all in all it was neat to see that as a nation we had a lot of patriotic pride for that day. I was amazed at how many people were there and glad that no terrorist decided to pick on Washington DC right then. Also very happy that they still had an invocation and wonderful patriotic, "God in the lyrics" music. I believe there are still a lot of good people in this great nation founded on Christian principles, and we'll do our darndest to hang on to them!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

yeah, until he signed the freedom act of choice. Now our taxes are not only paying for abortions here, but around the world as well. :(

Unknown said...

I heard that later! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I was kind of surprised and proud that he froze certain white house salaries, yet he did that freedom act of choice. Here we go! His true colors are showing! YIKES

Robinette Family said...

OK I just hope that he does all this "change" that he is talking about. I have a feeling I am going to have to get a bumper sticker that says " Don't blame me I voted for the McCain" Ü

Spencer and Amy said...

Hi JuDene!! This is Amy (Ellsworth) Schiefer. CJ told me he had a blog and I saw you had one too! I just recently blocked ours but I would love to add you. Just send me your email to amyschiefer@yahoo.com. By the way your grandchild is precious!!