The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Simon & the 3 Wise Men


I have to admit I'm sad to take all the Christmas decorations down. I am really dragging my feet on it. See I haven't even changed my background yet (never mind that I can't remember how, and that blog background site is down) I have friends who can't wait to get things back to normal and have them down the day after New Years (and that's even painful for them to wait that long) but I know there are others, like me, who hate to take it down. It means the festivities are over, and back to normal life. I did refrain from playing that song "I cry the day I take the Christmas tree down". That really is a song.
I came across a few scriptures though that have helped me get through this. Simon in the temple waited all his life to see the Christ child, but he wasn't there that Christmas night. He was days, weeks or even months after that. He had Christmas rejoicing in his heart when he finally saw that baby. And then there were the wise men. We know they didn't see the Christ child for like 3 years. They were probably riding those camels, singing Christmas carols and drinking eggnog that whole time! I think we should leave it all up and celebrate Christmas for 3 years at a time! (that would give me a lot longer to shop)

2 comments:

Jen Olson Brown said...

The eggnog part mad me laugh out loud! Great entry.

Allison said...

Um...I love you. Remember when we went Christmas caroling in July together? Every season is a good season to celebrate Christ and Christmas.