The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Parent Weekend at BYU

We went to Utah to visit Paul & Skye last weekend. It was so great! It was as much or more fun than going on a vacation, just to hang out with your kids. They are the cutest newlyweds, and working away at life. Their basement apartment overlooks the town of Cedar Hills, including the Tipanogas Temple where they got married. I finally our last morning got a picture with all of us in our BYU Parent Weekend shirts. We went the first day to the art museum there and what I thought would be torture for Chuck ended up being something we couldn't tear him away from. They had an exhibit of Geneva Steel, so he got his little "Bob the Builder" face on and was facinated by that exhibit. (wish I coulda got a picture there) Paul teased me the whole time about my picture taking. He calls me a Japanese tourist.
I found out that Sky is a professional shopper. She and her mom took me shopping and gave me a whole new look. We got lots of cute sweaters that I can only wear for a few months in AZ. Skye said it was much funner to spend someone elses money (yah, woulda been for me too!) We also went to the BYU game. It was
amazing. I've only been to ASU games and there is a whole different feeling there. They had a tailgate party, which involved plinko game, watching Vocal Point sing, and drinking hot chocolate and eating donuts! We saw Vai Sikahema and his family, as well as Vanessa Gissell and her family. Her daughter married the quarter back, Max Hall, and her other daughter married another player on the team. It was perfect weather too. We found some seats up by Skye's family and watched the first 1/2 of the game, then went back to their apartment and had wings and watched the second 1/2. What a great time! It was so good to be with them. Yah, we'll be visiting Utah more often!

No comments: