The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A rough week

Ok, I've been trying to figure out how to write this blog entry without sounding too down, or name names or blame blames, so I will just say that I know God gives us family associates that challenge us, stretch us, and help us to grow! I want to be honest on my blog, and say that sometimes life is really, really hard. I don't want to sugar coat things or supress things, but I also don't want to put on the "woe is me!" act; things can always be worse! I can honestly say that I have learned things being a parent of the people I parent, that I could learn in no other way, and for that I am grateful. I'll just say that this week I have worried and cried till I'm exhaused, I have debated certain political issues till I'm sick, and I have felt frustration as I've faced a school problem we've never dealt with! BUT! (and this is a big BUT! heehee) I AM STILL STANDING! Today as I took the sacrament at church I had more hope and love than I could contain (infact it leaked out of my eyes through the whole song) Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is my salvation! Not only for the things that I do wrong, but for everyone I love. He will save us ALL! I read an article about this lady's little grandbaby who grabbed a hot curling iron, and how he cried and cried in pain. She prayed for him and asked the Lord to let her have the pain instead of him. As she pleaded to Him she heard a voice that said "that is not necessary, I have already done that". WOW! . . . I just thank HIM for that!

9 comments:

Allison said...

I'm sorry to hear that your week has been rough. If you feel inclined to write/talk about it, feel free to email/call. I'm glad you're still standing. You're amazing and I love you!

Stephanie Brown said...

We are sorry that this week was rough. Know that we love you and Charlie does too!

kemra said...

I'm sorry that you had a hard week. You are an amazing woman, wife, mom & friend! Hang in there!

Frozen Cacti said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you.

Jacque said...

Aw! I wish I could give you a hug!!!

Robinette Family said...

I am so mad that you have a blog and never told me. is it because I live in las vegas Ü Well now i can check up on you since i never hear from you i am just kidding. I found your blog from kylie's I am so excited

Lovin Family said...

For the record... you are the BEST mother around, with the BEST outlook on life. love you!

Jenny Hogle said...

Sister Brown this is jenny jones. I'm so sorry that your having a rough week. I'm glad I found your blog! Tell brandee that I said hello and that she should call me! Hope you have a great day!

Jen Olson Brown said...

You are so wise. Thank you for your example! We all appreciate you and will keep you in our thoughts and hearts!