The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, November 23, 2008

This week . . . much better

Although there was still much contention, we had a tender mercy and joyous moment. My little peacemaker to the right here, really did an awesome thing for her mom. She's helping me to see into the mind of a jr high creature.
After we talked for a bit (actually she has joined her older siblings in telling mom and dad just exactly how to finish raising these kids), she tenderly told me I was a good mom, and that she was on my side! It was like bells ringing in my heart and I felt like I was in a movie as I ran to embrace her. We just hugged and cried together and I told her what an awesome girl she is. She's the best! I love her so much. And you know, I don't think that moment would have been as sweet if not for a bitter past. It was truly pure joy to me!

4 comments:

Robinette Family said...

You are a good mom and your kids are an example of that. They may drive you nuts but in the long run they will grow up into good people, take it from a major pain back in the day.

Jen Olson Brown said...

How awesome! Brandi really is a great person and I am so glad to hear that things are getting better!

Alison said...

What would we do without our eldest daughters/best friends in the making?! Hang in there and know you are doing all the right things!

kemra said...

I'm so happy! You ARE a fantastic mother - and you have great kids! I think it is the tender moments like these that help us get through the hard ones!!!