The whole gang

The whole gang

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Incredible (edible) Snow



Okay, this maybe a very "flakey" post, but I just have to say that snowflakes are an amazing miracle! We just got back from visiting Paul and Skye in Utah, and I could not help being fasinated by the snow! I was hoping to see it fall from the sky (something I've only seen a few times in my life) and Heavenly Father did provide that tender mercy for me. (I know, I know, what about all the Utahans that are sick of it? Well that extra snow was for me!) Skye even said she couldn't believe it was snowing this much. I stood on their back porch yesterday gathering snowflakes on a black kitchen towel and inspecting them, then scooping up the soft white fluff into a cup and eating it. (I sure hope their neighbors weren't watching) We have to pay for "Snowies" in Arizona. (I just wish they'd have had some syrup to go on it) Chuck did it too! He really got into some snowball fights. I'm glad the little neighbor boys came around, I was tired of getting hit in the head! Anyway look at this picture! How can you not know there is a God in Heaven when you see this intricate detail?

3 comments:

Jen Olson Brown said...

Great post. I concur. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck,
I'm a blast from your past. Do you remember Julie Smith, Glen & Jeanne Smith's daughter? We used to come visit you in Arizona and play together as kids. Well, I need to get your mom's phone number. My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on March 6th (your mom set them up on a blind date) and I wanted to talk to your mom about helping me with something for them. Could you email or call me with her number? Thanks so much! Julie (Smith) Johansen, email: Julie@SearchUtahRealEstate.com or cell: (801) 360-8597. It looks like you have a wonderful family! I am happy for you! I have been married for almost 29 years, have 5 children and 2 grandchildren. How did we get so old so quick?

Frozen Cacti said...

Now maybe you can understand why AZ isn't on our list of places to move back too. The snow really is beautiful, even when it stays below freezing for weeks at a time!

We still miss you though.