The whole gang

The whole gang

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Village People!



No, not the YMCA kind. This is my village, it's tiny, but it's all mine! Thanks to Jared Arnett I now have mountains, and I'm displaying it in my armoire in the living room. There are some of my neighbors who have huge Christmas Villages and tomorrow night we are hopefully joining them on the neighborhood Village Walk. I went to see the Martin's today, and fell in love with their Norman Rockwell houses. They have actual scenes from his paintings in the windows. For years I have gone to the Bartels for "Village Therapy" - that's when you get a cup of eggnog, or hot chocolate, plop right on the floor infront of it and spend at least an hour just staring at it. I know I'm not alone in this, but I pick out which house I live in and which route I'll be walking to get to the carolers in the main square. (I know, it's a little creepy) Last year I got to see the Arnetts, it took up their entire family room. You gotta check it out on youtube. See "Arnett Christmas Village". I was kind of dreading setting mine up, but about 1/2 way through it was FUN! I know you have to have a bit of a God Complex to create these little worlds, but it's a great way to stay in touch with your inner child; escape real life "playing house" with good clean fantasy "village people"!

3 comments:

Lovin Family said...

I love your little village! See you tomorrow night, love this gfp ward tradition! xoxo

Robinette Family said...

You are so funnny i love your tiny village. Good job

Digital Zone said...

Very nice blog.
Unique and beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Happy holidays.